An automatic feeder will give you the convenience to feed your pet on a consistent schedule, even when you’re not home. An automatic pet feeder will give you peace of mind so you won’t need to worry about your pet going hungry if you get home late or need to leave the house unexpectedly.
You can rest assured knowing that your pet always has access to fresh food. If you have a busy lifestyle, have young children, travel a lot or are a shift worker an automatic feeder is something you might consider buying for your peace of mind. Automatic pet feeders are surprisingly affordable and well worth it. If you’re new to automatic pet feeders don’t worry we have done the research for you and have found the best automatic feeders. Here are the overall best automatic pet feeders available in Australia.
Here is a Summary Of The Best Automatic Pet Feeders in Australia In Incase You Cannot be Bothered To Read this Long Guide:
- The Best Pet Feeder Overall: Prupet WiFi Automatic Cat Feeder.
- Best Budget Pet Feeder: Petlibro Automatic Cat Feeder.
- Best Pet Feeder With WiFi Capabilities: WOPET 6L Automatic Pet Feeder
- Best Pet Feeder For Multiple Pets: HoneyGuaridan 6L Automatic Cat Feeder for 2 Cats
- Best Automatic Feeder for Wet Food: CatMate C500 Automatic Pet Feeder
The Prupet WiFi Automatic Cat Feeders is a smart feeding solution for your pet with WiFi connectivity and app control. The feeder has a 4-litre capacity for dry food which should keep 1 cat fed for up to 2-3 weeks. The feeder comes with a stainless steel food bowl which is easy to clean. With the app, you can schedule up to 10 timed meals per day. The feeder also includes a 10-second voice recorder so you can train your cat using voice commands or you can simply use the recorder to speak to your cat while you’re away. This feeder will keep your pet fed and happy when you’re not home.
Pros of the Prupet WiFi Automatic Cat Feeder
- Battery backup so you can make sure your pet stays fed if the power goes out.
- App and WiFi connectivity.
- Ability to record voice messages.
- A built-in sensor that tells you when food is running low.
- The machine unclogs itself so food doesn’t get stuck in the machine preventing your pet from eating.
Cons Of the Prupet WiFi Automatic Cat Feeder
- No Screen.
- Has a 4-litre capacity whereas others have a larger capacity, but it should still keep 1 cat well-fed for 2-3 weeks.
PETLIBRO Automatic Cat Feeder is our overall favourite budget pet Feeder. The Petlibro is designed to help busy pet owners manage their pet’s meal times and portion sizes so that your pet isn’t over or underfed while you’re away from home. It has a feeding schedule that you are able to program allowing you to set meal times and portion sizes, making it an easy way to feed your pet even when you’re not at home and if you work long hours. The easy-to-clean components make the PETLIBRO Automatic Cat Feeder a great budget choice for busy pet owners.
Pros of the PetLibro Cat Feeder
- Ability to record up to 5 ten-second voice messages for your pet.
- Made from food-grade BPA-free materials.
- A built-in infrared Sensor prevents food from clogging up the feeding mechanism.
- It has a low-noise motor so it doesn’t disturb you or your pet.
- Has components that are easy to clean.
Cons Of the Petlibro Cat Feeder
- Can only schedule up to 6 timed feeds per day (other competitors have more) But you shouldn’t need to feed your pet more than 6 times per day.
- The bowl is plastic and not stainless steel.
- The budget model of the Petlibro doesn’t have app connectivity and you need to use the screen to time feeds.
WOPET 6L Pet Feeder is an automatic pet feeder with WiFi compatibility designed for busy pet owners. The WOPET feeder allows you to feed your pet from anywhere up to 15 times per day! The WOPET has a large 6L capacity, it can hold enough food to last several days for multiple pets. It really is a convenient solution for busy pet owners. The unit is made of, food-grade materials, making it a safe feeding device for your cat or dog.
Pros of the WOPET 6L Automatic Pet Feeder
- The feeder has a battery backup option in case of a power outage so your pet will still be fed even if the power goes out while you’re not home.
- App and WiFi connectivity.
- Ability to record voice messages.
- The feeder has a programmable feeding schedule, allowing you to set specific meal times and portion sizes for your pet.
- Ability to feed your pet up to 15 times per day which sounds like a lot but may be useful if you have multiple pets.
Cons Of the WOPET 6L Automatic Pet Feeder
- Very small Screen.
- More expensive than other comparable models.
The HoneyGuaridan 6L Automatic Cat Feeder is a smart feeding solution for households with multiple cats. With a 6-litre capacity, this feeder is capable of holding enough food for two cats for roughly a week. The feeder has an automatic food dispensing system that can be programmed to serve up to 6 timed meals per day, providing a smart and consistent feeding schedule for your cats even when you’re not home. This feeder is an overall great choice for pet owners who want to ensure their cats are fed on time and never miss a meal.
Pros of the HoneyGuaridan Automatic Pet Feeder
- The food storage system keeps food sealed and prevents food from going stale.
- Can be powered by 3 D alkaline batteries in the event of a power outage so your pet stays fed.
- Keeps 2 cats fed for up to a week.
- Ability to feed your pets from anywhere using the app.
- Ability to record voice messages for your pets.
Cons of the HoneyGuaridan Automatic Pet Feeder
- Doesn’t tell you when food is running low so you will need to manually check.
- Cheaply made overseas and the manuals tend to have poor English that can be hard to understand but the overall device is functional and practical.
Pros of The CatMate C500 Automatic Pet Feeder:
- Comes with 2 ice packs so wet food stays fresh.
- The Ability to feed your pet up to 5 timed meals per day.
- Batteries should last up to 12 months.
Cons of The CatMate C500 Automatic Pet Feeder:
- If you’re using wet food you will need to refill it regularly. You can’t leave wet food sitting in the dispenser for too long or it will quickly expire.
- Battery operated only so the batteries will need to be replaced over time.
Best Pet Feeder with a Camera: Floofi Smart Pet Feeder with Camera
Do you ever wonder what your pet gets up to when you’re away? The Floofi Smart Pet Feeder will allow you to see your pet and use a two-way microphone to communicate with your pet when you’re not home. Just a warning this can get addictive and you might find yourself checking on your pet all the time. This smart pet feeder holds up to 6 litres of dry food and allows you to automate a feeding schedule through an app.
Pros of The Floofi Smart Pet Feeder with Camera
- A camera so you can see your pet
- App connectivity which allows you to automate a feeding schedule
- A 2-way microphone so you can speak to your pet.
In Summary, Here is What Should You Look For in an Automatic Pet Feeder:
Dual Power Supply:
Before buying an automatic pet food dispenser check whether it has a backup battery option as well as a wall plug-in option so you can ensure that your pet stays fed even if the power goes out.
Food Tank Capacity
To avoid constantly refilling the food tank try to purchase one with a high capacity.
Is it Made Food Grade Materials?
An automatic food dispenser should be BPA-free to ensure ultimate food safety for your pet.
Is There App Connectivity?
An App will allow you to time feeds and set up a feeding schedule even if you’re not home.