Banana and Avocado Mash Ingredients
- 1 small ripe banana
- ½ soft avocado
- (Unsuitable to freeze).
- Peel banana and mash with a fork on a plate.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh and mix with the banana.
- Because of the softness of the banana and avocado, a fork or spoon should be all that is required to mash it until it is the desired texture.
- To increase the iron levels in puree add iron enriched commercial baby rice cereal.
- Mix with breast milk or formula.
- For a savoury option add minced chicken.
- Avocados are a great first food for babies with reflux.
- This is a nutritious spread to put on sandwiches and toast for finger food.
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Good Fats