Pumpkin Risotto Ingredients
- 2 cups diced butternut pumpkin
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock (see recipe)
- 15g butter, chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped finely.
- Cook on a low heat stove top or in the oven at 180°c.
- Place diced pumpkin, onion and rice into oven proof/stovetop lidded casserole dish.
- Stir in stock and scatter chopped butter over the rice and pumpkin mixture.
- Place lid on securely.
- Place on stove top on low heat or in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the stock has been absorbed by the rice.
- Fold through grated cheese and parsley.
Enough for 4 adult serves.
- Add cooked chicken to increase protein and iron intake.
- Can be used with other vegetable combinations, i.e sweet potato, mushroom, pea or spinach, just replace the pumpkin with the alternative vegetable.
- Suitable to freeze in serving portions for up to 1 month.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E