Corn and Zucchini Fritter Ingredients
- 1 small or ½ large zucchini, grated
- 1 corn cob, kernels sliced off
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (400g) of chickpeas, drained and mashed
- 100g Paneer cheese*, grated
- 1-2 eggs for binding
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped or 1tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Season if desired
- Sunflower oil for a shallow fry
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick frypan.
- Spoon mixture (about 2 tablespoonfuls for each fritter) into pan and flatten with spatula to make a round, flat fritter.
- Cook until golden on both sides.
- Makes 10-15 approx.
- Suitable to freeze.
To add some spice, serve with sweet chilli sauce, or plain yoghurt mixed with finely chopped cucumber and coriander leaves.
Top the fritter with a slice of smoked salmon and a dollop of the yoghurt mix.
Cut up the fritter into strips and serve as finger food to your toddler.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
Paneer cheese is often used in Indian and Asian dishes. It is made with whey only, unlike other cheeses which use rennet. This makes it suitable for vegetarians. It is low in sodium (salt) and a good source of protein.
As the cheese doesn’t melt during cooking, it is best to grate if you want a smooth texturLemnose.
Paneer cheese is available in most supermarkets.
Nutrition Facts: (Lemnos brand Paneer brand)
Serving Size: (100g)
Amount per Serving:
Total Fat 7.5g
Saturated Fat 4.3g
Total Carbohydrate <0.1g