Healthy Banana and Berry Bread Ingredients
- 3 overripe lunch box size bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup Low GI (logical) sugar
- ½ cup natural yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup reduced-fat milk or buttermilk
- 1 tbs olive oil or rice bran oil
- 1½ cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen blueberries/raspberries or a mix
Healthy Banana and Berry Bread Instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line loaf pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the mashed banana, sugar, yoghurt, eggs, milk and oil in a large bowl.
- Sift over the flour and cinnamon. Add the husks from the sieve.
- Fold mixture until just combined.
- Add the berries and gently fold.
- Place mixture into loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake in the oven for 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave in a loaf pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into slices to serve.
- Store in a sealed container for 3 days.
- Suitable to freeze, slice and freeze portions for school lunches or snacks on the go.
- Serve a slice with custard for a warm dessert or with yoghurt for a cold dessert.
- Slice the whole cake and arrange it on a rectangle plate, freeze, handy for when friends or family drop by.
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E