Apple and Kumara Puree Ingredients
1 granny smith apple
1 medium kumara (orange sweet potato)
- Peel apple and kumara.
- Slice the apple into small wedges.
- Place apple into microwave safe bowl with 1 tbsp of water. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, remove and allow to cool.
- Chop kumara into small cubes.
- Place kumara into a microwave-safe bowl with 1 tbsp of water.
- Use the fresh vegetable sensor on the microwave to allocate cooking time or cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool
- Place apple and kumara in bowl/jug and blend until pureed.
Makes 4 ice cubes
- To increase the iron levels in puree add iron-enriched commercial baby rice cereal.
- Do not freeze if mixed with rice cereal.
- Add Breast milk or formula.
- Add minced meat (chicken is a tasty choice) when the baby is 6+ months.