Cinnamon Apple and Oat Muffins Ingredients
- 1 cup Wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup (150g) Wholemeal plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tablespoons low GI sugar (logicane)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, extra for top
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, extra for top
- ¼ cup sultanas
- 1 1/2 cups natural yoghurt
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup rice bran oil
- 1 pink lady and 1 granny smith apple, skin on, grated
Cinnamon Apple and Oat Muffins Instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°C, line a muffin tray with 12 medium muffin cases and 12 mini muffin cases.
- Sift flours, baking powder and cinnamon together. Stir in sugar, oats and sultanas. Mix yoghurt, vanilla, eggs and oil together. Add to flour along with grated apples, mix until just combined.
- Fill muffin pans until three-quarters full.
- Sprinkle with extra rolled oats and cinnamon.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden in colour for medium muffins and 15-20 minutes for mini muffins. Allow to cool.
- Serve hot or cold for breakfasts and snacks.
- Freeze individually and grab when leaving the house for a healthy snack when out.
- Makes a good warm pudding, just heat and serve with stewed fruit and custard or yoghurt.
- Vitamin C