Baked Apple Ingredients
- 2 granny smith apples
- 3 dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of sultanas
- Juice of 1 orange
- Pinch of cinnamon
- (Increase the ingredient sizes if using more apples)
Baked Apple Instructions
- Set oven at 190° C. Wash apples and remove the core.
- Mix apricots, sultanas and cinnamon together.
- Spoon apricot/sultana mixture into the hole in each apple.
- Pour some orange juice over the fruit mix in the apple.
- Place apples, upright, in an oven-proof dish.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until soft. (You may need to add a little water to the cooking dish if the apple juices dry on the bottom of the dish during the cooking process. Just check while cooking.)
- When apples are cooked and soft, pour the remaining orange juice over the top. Serve with a thickened yoghurt sprinkled with cinnamon.
- Apples are high in Vitamin C and contain anti-oxidants.
- One apple gives you 1/5th of the recommended daily fibre intake.
- Apples contain boron (trace element) which keeps bones strong.
Store in a fridge, but not next to foods with strong odours as the apple will absorb the smell.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C